The internet of things is impacting mobile app development in a huge way. With the growing trend of connecting all kinds of physical devices to the web, controlling them through a smartphone is gaining fast momentum — and for a good reason.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
The benefits of connected things are fairly obvious and plentiful. By connecting devices to a smartphone, one can have complete control of the features provided by the different gadgets and machines. Running devices through the internet means that applications can push notifications straight to the phone and allow update parameters as well, thus making it possible to switch the systems on and off remotely.
Mobile phones and mobile app programming provide scope to access IoT-enabled devices. Various sectors, such as healthcare, education, retail, travel and more, are using mobile connectivity and applications to access IoT ecosystems. There are multiple benefits of a mobile app approach:
- Mobile apps boost the involvement of customers as they can easily use applications and can provide valuable opinions to help a business grow.
- Creating mobile applications is very affordable; they reduce the costs of sending newsletters and SMSes. Applications can integrate communication directly to customers via messages.
- It’s a faster option than web browsing; it won’t take even a minute to access applications as customers do not have to wait for the site to load.
- Mobile app development companies try their best to create mobile apps that are IoT-friendly and reform the mobile app development and mobile app development services world.
In addition, there are many reasons why a business should opt for an IoT mobile app:
- Customers today use their smartphones to acquire information on just about everything. Unlike traditional websites, mobile apps come up with quality browsing and buying options, and they’re considered more important nowadays for business growth than websites.
- Companies can reach their target audience through a mobile app, spreading information to all customers in seconds. By using features such as push notifications, one could connect to customers and remind them of updates.
- Mobile apps can promote the brand and win over the most customers. Furthermore, one could earn a great deal of customers via the applications that persuade them to buy products and services.
- Mobile apps prove to be excellent social platforms. This is because they come with features, such as likes, comments and so forth, which can boost social media presence.
- The soaring demand of mobile apps is due to their flexible accessibilities. Mobile apps can be access on a smartphone 24/7, from any part of the world.
The evolving IoT trend and mobile app development
The IoT trend is evolving with each passing day. However, it’s also true that the internet of things is a beginner industry and will take some time to prosper. Improvements in mobile and IoT apps can boost the connection between people all over the world. A lot of businesses are already running numerous devices online, adding another security layer as well as growing productivity and response times. Security is a key pivot point of any enterprise app, and IoT could help improve overall defense barriers by allowing physical devices to be the first entry point.
More than anything, the fast rise of IoT will drive mobile application development, leading to a mobile application development explosion. Without a doubt, IoT devices will soon be everywhere. Hardware spending by consumers and businesses on IoT devices will total almost $3 trillion by 2020. All of the investments in IoT will drive the development of mobile applications. Among the most popular IoT devices are smartphones, which let people not only access apps and the internet, but also provide a huge amount of data that could be tapped into and used by businesses all over the world.
In fact, IoT has already changed mobile app development. In another 10 years, expect hundreds of thousands of jobs in this field. Nonetheless, to achieve the ultimate goal of making people’s lives easier, developers must first undergo the pains of building infrastructure and platforms from the ground up. Developing a mobile application is similar to developing a web application and has its roots in software development that is more traditional. Nevertheless, there is one major difference: Mobile apps often are specifically written to benefit from the unique features mobile devices offer.
Creating IoT-friendly mobile apps
The time is now for app development companies and businesses to come together to build mobile apps that are IoT-friendly. For example, an IoT-friendly mobile app could help build a mechanism in which information is transmitted by objectives through integrated sensors that would be received by the app in real time.
Mobile applications have revolutionized the mobile field, gaining more power in the hands of customers, as well as more business for organizations. In the dynamic technology field, the mobile application development market is at its peak. It is the need of the hour and the latest trend in business.
The future of mobile applications looks both challenging and bright with enticing and innovative possibilities. Remember that quality will always remain a constant and a major component in the development of mobile applications that are futuristic for both mass and niche markets.
All IoT Agenda network contributors are responsible for the content and accuracy of their posts. Opinions are of the writers and do not necessarily convey the thoughts of IoT Agenda.